Friday, March 25, 2011

Virus

Sorry for the lack of posts on this here blog.  I accidently invited a nasty virus onto our main computer by opening an email.  Since then, our computer is having many issues, including not letting the internet browsers work.  What a pain in the behind.  Right now I'm using my husband's computer he has for work.  You don't realize how much you use something until you can't use it.  Wow!  On the up side, the house hasn't been this clean since who knows how long.  Not just because of no computer, but I did rededicate myself to doing better.  And I have.  It's nice.

We put our rats, Pinky and Brownie, to sleep last weekend.  They were getting old and having some difficulty breathing.  It was quite a sad night.  I can think of only one other time I've cried so hard and so much.  I think PMS had something to do with it this time.We sure miss those cute ratties!

My new calling in Young Women's is going well.  I'm starting to get to know the girls a bit.  We had a class activity on Tuesday to play games, check Personal Progress and get to know me.  I had to bring some items that represented who I am and explain why I chose those items.  I brought my drumsticks, a vintage brass owl, an hourglass, 2 books, a piano book, a picture of the kids, some things I've crocheted and my keys.  It took me 2 days to come up with those things.  Maybe I need to get to know myself a little better!

My husband and son are going camping in Goblin Valley this afternoon.  It is a 4 hour drive there, so it will be late when they get there, but tomorrow should be full of activities and fun.  They will get back later tomorrow evening.  The girls and I will have to plan some sort of fun thing for us to do without the boys.  I'll be thinking on that.

All our chickens are now laying again.  They slowed down quite a bit during the winter and Pansy stopped laying altogether while moulting.  We've gotten 3-4 eggs a day all week.  They sure are excited about the new grass growing.  I caught Matilda sneaking under the fence to get at the grass.  She got all the way out and I had to give her a little talking to about not doing that.  I bought some crickets at the pet store a few weeks ago for the chickens.  It is great fun to watch the chickens chase those crickets around.

2 comments:

  1. Kat says:
    Sorry to hear about your rats. Are you going to get some new ones? Or take a rat break? Speaking of viruses, we have had pink eye, colds, high fevers lasting 4 days straight, and throwing up, all in one week. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the virus and rats, Tara. That sure is hard. I know I'll cry when Roxy and the hamsters go. :(

    One of these days when we come up I want to see the chicken chase the crickets. That'll be amusing.

    You women's sure sounds fun! I really miss that calling!

    Kat, that is too bad about all your sickness. You'll all be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete