Friday, March 4, 2011

Decluttering

I've been reading and hearing a lot lately about simplifying our lives.  Decluttering certainly does that.  Less stuff to dust and clean and pick up?  I'm all for it!  So my rule is if I don't use it or love it or if there is no sentimental value in it or I'm not putting it in my Etsy shop, out it goes.  So far I have 4 garbage bags of clothes, 6 pairs of shoes, 2 boxes of miscellaneous decor and such, 2 boxes of books and magazines, 1 lamp, 1 clock radio, 1 rice cooker and 5 lunch trays.  And I'm not done yet.  I still have a few rooms to go through.  I just love taking things to the D.I.  It's so freeing!!!  We also threw away some ratty clothes and passed down some too small clothes to the next sisters.  Hooray for simplifying!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I will be opening an Etsy shop sometime in the next little while, selling some vintage things I've found and also some things I've made. I'm still trying to figure everything out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo! Way to go!!! It certainly is a good stress reliever too. I love decluttering. Once this school year is over, I'm totally going through the entire house and simplifying our lives. It'll be so nice to get rid of a whole lot of stuff that we don't need.

    ReplyDelete