This year I am focusing on a phrase: Don't overthink it. Just do it.
It's already helped. I replaced a shower curtain liner today. I'd had the new liner for 6 months at least. It was time.
I finally watched The Letter Writer. I recommend it. I cried, of course.
My husband got put into the Nursery at church. He will teach in there with 2 other men. Should be interesting.
I got another owl for the front room with a gift card from Christmas. It's so cute. You can never have too many owls in your house.
Or books. I've run out of bookshelf space. I may have a book problem. (right, sisters?)
I taught radKIDS yesterday for the first time in 3 weeks. I was a bit rusty. And the kids were antsy and talkative. The 1st grade class was rough, so we ended early and they played with the giant parachute for the rest of the time. They needed to run and move.
I know how to make a great fire in our fireplace. We've enjoyed several this winter so far. Not with the inversion, which is when we want a fire because it's colder than normal. We can wait.
I heard a great quote from one of the Discovery Channel shows I was watching. "Survival is not fun. If it's fun, it's camping."
We're really focused on getting our 72-hour kits completed. We just need to not overthink it and just do it.
That's enough rambling for now.
Your "rambling" as you put it, is very pleasant and I look forward to every post you write! I'm glad you have that motto for your year and way to go on replacing the shower curtain! There are a lot of things I need to "just do" and not over think too.
ReplyDeleteYes you have a ton of books. I'm sorting through mine again and getting rid of the ones I don't absolutely love. It's hard but it's needs to happen. The owls on the other hand...LOVE them! They're so cute and they fit your house and your personality!
Keep posting! I check EVERY DAY to see if there's something new to read, regardless of what it is! :)
I also check almost every day and really do enjoy your posts. Once I realized the shower liners were about $2 I started to change them out more often than every other year after they had gotten so grungy with shampoo and all. That was way back when everyone was still at home. It is a good feeling and then it is done. :)
ReplyDelete