Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's a Cornmeal Mush Kind of Morning

We had cornmeal mush for breakfast this morning.  Quite tasty.  The chickens get any leftover hot cereal we have.  They'll be ecstatic, I'm sure.

We've had a weird stomach bug/cold/flu going around here.  I got it first, with headache, body aches, and tummy troubles, but never threw up.  Daughter #4 was next, with headache and cough.  Then came my Son with headache and lots of vomiting.  My Husband was after him with headache and nausea.  I hope we're over it.

I had my yearly physical last week.  Everything looks good.  I am adjusting my brain meds, so we'll see if my energy and motivation pick up.  Hope so.

So far, in the past month or so, we've taken about 6 or 7 loads of stuff to the D.I.

Mom's Trading Post continues to have great success.  I got 2 full kitchen garbage bags of stuff to donate and 3 bags to toss.

Our ward is doing a pioneer trek in June.  So for 3 days the youth and leaders get to walk around the west desert in pioneer clothes pushing and pulling handcarts.  Should be fun.

I got a new visiting teacher.  Someone I've never really met yet.  I know it was inspiration to assign her to me.  She said some things that really got me thinking.  Definitely an answer to prayer.

My husband and I went to the temple last night.  It had been a while since the last time.  It's time to recommit to go more often.

Some of the kids are learning to play the guitar.  It's cute to hear them strumming and tuning the strings.

I've been feeling lately that I need to do family history indexing again.

I'm very thankful for my blessings.

I love this time of year.



2 comments:

  1. All good things... :)

    Getting an inspired visiting teacher is a direct blessing from Heavenly Father. We can learn so much from someone else's experiences and/or knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to count your blessings. It's a good reminder that things in life are good and that we have many things to be grateful for. I hope you guys are done with being sick. Sydney and I were both sick but no one else got it. I hope that remains the case. I've never fixed cornmeal mush for my kids...or me or Darryl either. In fact, I haven't had it since before I moved out of the house. Sheesh. I forgot all about it. Hopefully the brain meds work. I have my physical coming up in a week from tomorrow. Yay. I hope all is well. Might have to adjust my brain meds too. Fun stuff. I'm excited for you to go with the youth on the trek next summer. I would love to do something like that! Glad you got a new and inspired visiting teacher. What a difference that makes. I'm grateful to have the VTers I have too. They're a mom and daughter pair and they're just what I need right now. They've been awesome. The temple is awesome and I look forward to going again. It's truly a blessing to have such a sacred place on the earth, especially during these troubled times. I've never tried indexing...might have to though. The guitaring children are cute. I look forward to hearing them sometime! Glad you seem to be doing well. :) Love you, sis. You're such a great example to me. Thanks for being you.

    ReplyDelete